If your donor retention rate is 60% or above, congratulations. You can stop reading.
But if your organization’s donor retention rate is typical of our sector — around 40 to 45% — you’re working much too hard. And you’re probably getting less than half the donations you could be. Retention numbers are indicative of lots of cracks in your systems. And that means you’re always working harder than you should and for a lot less than you could be getting.
Because it’s your loyal donors, those who give year after year, who become monthly donors, major donors, leave legacy gifts and become valued partners in your mission.
In fact, a recent study authored by Adrian Sargeant and Jen Shang found that donors who received a thank-you gave on average $45.32 more than those who did not receive a thank-you. (That stat kind of blew my mind…and yet it confirmed what I’ve seen over and over again with our students and clients!)
Fixing your nonprofit’s stewardship systems is the simplest method to raise more — while asking less.
It’s also a kind and generous method. One you’ll feel good about and enjoy using.
With the Power of Thank You Audit from Basics & More, we’ll carefully review your nonprofit’s stewardship systems to ensure that your donors aren’t slipping through the cracks.
Here’s how it works:
- After you register, we’ll make a donation to your organization online
- We will email you with questions about your current communications and request a copy of your thank you letter
- You’ll receive a written report of what your donors experience and recommendations for strengthening your processes and securing the next gift within 8 weeks (a $500 value)
- You’ll receive a rewritten thank you letter, email, and language for your thank you redirect page (a $300 value)
- You’ll receive access to all four weeks of the online class, Power of Thank You, our essential stewardship class (a $129 value)
- We’ll conclude with a 15-minute final review call (a $250 value)
There is a two-week turnaround.
Who is the Audit for?
- If your organization’s donor retention rate is 45% or below, or
- If your organization will be embarking on a capital campaign, planning to grow your digital fundraising, or beginning or growing your major donor program in 2021
This audit provides an inexpensive way to quickly target and address weak areas in your stewardship systems that are significantly hindering your nonprofit’s growth.
Cost & Registration
This program is priced at $999.
In addition to your comprehensive audit, you’ll also receive all four weeks of The Power of Thank You, the first online stewardship class for nonprofit fundraisers. Click here to learn more about Your Stewardship Systems Audit.