Online or print newsletters: Are you confused over which one is best for your organization?
Would you like a rinse and repeat system of reporting back to your donors?
Are you looking to create a solid stream of income from your organization’s newsletters?
Does your enewsletter subscriber list consist of a few hardcore fans and your board members?
Is it true? Could your organization’s newsletters bring in as much money as a fundraising appeal?
Absolutely. When they’re done correctly, your donor newsletters have as much revenue-generating power as appeals.
Communicating regularly with your organization’s supporters is key to building a lifetime relationship with them. Yet too far too many organizations’ communications plans consist of an appeal and one halfhearted, jargon-laden newsletter. Are you one of them?
You know that no one is reading your enews or print newsletters, but you don’t know how to fix it and get on a system of regular communications — communications that delight, capture the imagination and, most importantly, inspire your supporters to give.
If you’re not quite sure how to go about creating your organization’s newsletters, Profitable Nonprofit Newsletters |Basics & More™ is your answer.
This is the course that will teach you how to create print and enewsletters that delight, capture the imagination and, most importantly, inspire your supporters to give.
In this four-week class you’ll learn:
- How (and why) to make your newsletters all about the donor
- The secrets to regularly creating revenue-generating print and email newsletters
- What’s the best email service provider for you — and which one to avoid like the plague
- How to grow your enews list quickly — and ethically
- How to condition your supporters to look forward to your emails in their inbox
- Why and how to kill your “letter from the Executive Director”
- For the love of God, get rid of your self-mailer…and what to use instead
- How to repurpose stories for both your online and print newsletters
- How to keep your reader on the edge of their seat…and much more.
There are no live webinars you need to be present for. All materials are delivered so that you can work at your own pace, and you’ll have lifetime access to the materials. This class is loaded with bonuses, including a 77-page examples booklet of print and e-newsletters from organizations just like yours. Basics & More™ courses are popular because they were created with your busy schedule in mind — and they work!
Week One: Print Newsletters Are Still Relevant | Making Yours Pay Off
Direct mail is still by far the way most organizations attract new, first time donors, and it’s still is how most nonprofits continue to ask current donors to give yet again. In Week One, you’ll discover:
- Why you need both online and print newsletters
- Writing for your donors: what they really care about
- Why you need to kill your “letter from the Executive Director”
- How to write news stories
- How to incorporate the numbers — without putting your readers to sleep
Week Two: Print Newsletters | Designing and Mailing on a Budget
What if you’re on a tight budget? In Week Two, you’ll discover how to get your newsletter designed, printed, and mailed – on a budget. Includes:
- How and why to get rid of Microsoft Publisher once and for all
- Captions, photographs, and statistics oh my!
- Headlines that sell
Bonus: Tom Ahern’s Profitable Donor Newsletters, a two-hour recorded webinar guiding you, step-by-step through the proven principles of a money-making print newsletter.
Week Three: Enewsletters | It’s in Your List (sung to “It’s in His Kiss”)
You’ve got to start somewhere. In 2009, beginning with a list of less than ten (and one of the subscribers was my cat!), I began The Grow Report, one of the leading enewsletters for nonprofit fundraisers. Today The Grow Report reaches over 30,000 subscribers throughout the world. In Week Three, I show you exactly how I did it.
- Simple tips for growing your list quickly and ethically
- Offline ways to get more subscribers to your enews
- Bonus guide: Your secret weapon: how to create an email autoresponder welcome series to build engagement and commitment
- Sample surveys to help you segment your enews subscribers
- Survey questions to engage both online and off
- How regular surveying can help to write your content for you
Your Week Three materials include the bonus recorded webinar training: 27 Ways to Build Your Email List, featuring John Haydon
Week Four: Enewsletters | Getting Down to Basics
In Week Four, you’ll discover:
- How to chose your best enewsletter platform — beyond pricing
- How to design an effective enewsletter, including formatting rules for html and text based emails
- Get it read! 40% of your peeps will open your enews on their phone. How to test how your enews will look
- The five reasons people share your enews
- Four simple emails that lead people to take action
- Innovations in enewsletters
- Case studies of incredible enewsletters
- What kinds of photos to use
- How knowing where to put your “donate” button will increase clicks — and donations!