Boards can be frustrating — key word “can”. Have you ever experienced this firsthand? Do any of the following sound like things you’d say about your board?
“They say they’ll do anything EXCEPT raise money (in spite of signing a give/get pledge).”
“The don’t know how to fundraise…but they want to tell US what we need to do in order to fundraise!”
“They don’t follow through. They say they’ll do something and then they don’t do it.”
“They say they want to move the organization forward but then do next to nothing outside of the one board meeting a month they attend.”
“They are dysfunctional: more than 50% do not contribute financially or in effort.”
“Our board has lacks the knowledge or interest to fundraise. And it wasn’t even anything that they were told or encouraged to do when they join the board. Our executive director doesn’t encourage it, either. Help!”
I’ll bet you’re tired of all the bellyaching, aren’t you?
Imagine what it would look like, instead, to have a passionate board, eager to be your organization’s best fundraisers and ambassadors. If this is what you want, you’ll want to join us for Empowering Your Fundraising Board.
Whether you’re an organization in the early stages of building your board, or you’re mired in dysfunction (we’ve all been there!), you’re sure to come away from this class with hands-on tactics for creating harmony and building your organization’s successful fundraising board. Plus, you’ll have your team members working and learning alongside you. And did I mention this course is 100% guaranteed?
Empowering Your Fundraising Board | Basics & More™ is a four-week, self-guided course created to guide you in understanding your board’s role in the fundraising process and how to create an inspired, motivated, passionate board who’s as dedicated to your organization’s mission as you are. Loaded with bonuses, including recorded webinar trainings and podcasts from renowned fundraising experts Gail Perry, Simone Joyaux, ACFRE, Jean Block and more, exercises you can use with your board members, and worksheets (you’ll receive my gentle but effective three-part plan for 100% guaranteed board giving), Empowering Your Fundraising Board will easily guide you toward realizing your most effective board ever. Guaranteed!
Trust me, this is a course you won’t want to miss!
The Class Modules: Board Fundraising | Basics & More
Here are the weekly course modules you will be receiving:
Week One: Board & Staff Roles
- What is your board’s job, really?
- Before you get started, take your board’s ‘temperature’
- Should board members be required to give?
Week Two: Creating Your Board’s Culture of Philanthropy
- What exactly is a ‘Culture of Philanthropy’ and what role does your board play?
- Do your board members think fundraising is a dirty word
- Easy ways to lead your board – the right way
- Are you ready for a retreat?
Week Three: Storytelling for Board Members
- Forget the stale elevator pitch. Engage your board members in effective, personal storytelling. In Week Three, you’ll learn the science behind storytelling through a series of interactive exercises and podcasts.
Week Four: The Joy of Fundraising (yes, really!)
- Can fundraising be fun? We think so — and you will too, after Four’s lesson plan.
Note: This course does not cover board governance.
Bonus Recorded Trainings:
- Getting Board Members to Raise Money Joyfully, featuring Susan Howlett
- Nonprofit Storytelling for Board Members, featuring Chris Davenport
- The Invisible Yellow Line: Clarifying Nonprofit Board and Staff Roles, featuring Jean Block
- Firing Lousy Board Members with Simone Joyaux, ACFRE